Christine is a personal trainer, fitness, sports and circus instructor, who specialises in working with young people aged 4-14, and their families.
With a background in youth sports, circus training, personal training, science, and currently studying for her Masters in Teaching (Primary), Christine is well practiced in building rapport with young people, breaking their big goals down into achievable steps, and making movement functional and fun.
She has helped her clients achieve diverse goals, including
- reaching developmental movement milestones
- building fitness, balance and strength
- gaining confidence to participate in team and individual sports
- incorporating exercises from occupational therapists into playground games
- building a habit of daily physical activity
- transitioning from screen time to outdoor time
- riding bikes without training wheels
- mastering those monkey bars
- and more
What we do:
- Your first session will be a meet and move session, tailored to you and your child. This session is for your child to get comfortable with Christine, for her to assess your child’s movement, and for you to discuss goals together
- Christine will create a tailored program for your child, with fun, accessible activities to begin working towards your child’s goals.
- Work one on one, or in a small group with Christine. She will also provide you with a program of activities to work on in between training sessions.
Christine is able to liaise with your child’s educators, and any Allied Health professionals to ensure that we are all working together to achieve the best results for your child.
Christine has worked with groups including Cerebral Palsy League, Life without Barriers, COMBIT Cerebral Palsy, Multicap, Creative Communities, Curlew Refugee Project (Inala State School, Watson Road State School), Red Hill Special School, and run programs for Brisbane Grammar School, Cricket Australia, PCYC, Flipside Youth Circus and more.
She currently works as Education Coordinator at START Training Brisbane, and as a sports and fitness instructor for PHYSI Kids, Brisbane’s leading providers of physical education for children aged 3-12.
Is currently studying:
Master of Teaching (Primary)
Holds qualifications in:
Bachelor of Science (Massey University, New Zealand)
PostGradDip Writing, Editing, and Publishing (University of Queensland)
Cert III & IV Fitness
Cert III Small Business Management
Trained in circus at:
CircoArts New Zealand
Festive Arts Melbourne
And has pieces of paper saying: